MY PEACE of jewelry - Health

 
I am going to make my blog a little more personal. Improving my EATING HABITS.
It will still feature jewelry I design and my outfits
But I also want to learn and share what I learn along the way.
 Beauty does start within.
 
I am 47 years old.
I work full-time at a major college as an administrator
and part-time teaching spinning classes 5 days a week.
I'm in good health, extremely physically active but
don't have the best eating habits.
They are not BAD, but can be improved 

I AM A NUTRITION KNOWLEDGE DELINQUENT
 
I purchased The Healthy Food Directory by Michael Van Straten.

 
Intro
Any healhty diet is energy,
which is obtained by consuming a mixture of foods
providing protein, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
The wider the variety of foods that we eat,
the less likely we are to be deficient
in any of the essential nutrients that our bodies need.
 
First section is FRUIT
 
Starting with an APPLE - "An apple a day keeps the doctor away"
 
BENEFITS
Apples are rich in a soluble fiber, PECTIN,
which helps the body to eliminate cholesterol and also protects against environmental pollutants.
The pectin joins up with heavy metals such as lead and mercury and helps the body to get rid of them.
 
Considering I live in Los Angeles, I need all the protection I can get
against the pollution caused by our major LA traffic.
 
 
 What is "soluble fiber"?
 Fibers are found naturally in the plants that we eat.
They are parts of plant that do not break down in our stomachs,
and instead pass through our system undigested.
All dietary fibers are either soluble or insoluble.
Both types of fiber are equally important for health,
digestion, and preventing conditions such as heart disease,
 diabetes, obesity, diverticulitis, and constipation.

soluble vs insoluble
Soluble fiber dissolves in water.
Insoluble fiber does not.
To some degree these differences determine
how each fiber functions in the body and benefits your health

Soluble fibers attract water and form a gel, which slows down digestion.
Soluble fiber delays the emptying of your stomach and makes you feel full,
which helps control weight.

REMINDER - Apples are rich in soluble fiber

 
Other BENEFITS
Apples are ideal for people who are suffering from
arthritis, rheumatism, gout, colitis and gastroenteritis
Good for heart and circulation
Beneficial for constipation and for diarrhea
 
Best eaten raw or lightly stewed.
 
 
Cardigan - The City, Target *recent purchase
Oxford shoes - thrifted

Another BENEFIT
A couple of apples eaten the morning after the night before will help to alleviate a hangover.

MY GOAL
Eat an APPLE a day


 Handmade Jewelry & Mannequins
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MANNEQUIN - DIY

How to Choose the Right Earrings for your Face Shape

Getting started...