How I Wear MY PEACE of jewelry - cords

These are my favorite cords. 
I've had them for a few years and they come out every Fall and Winter. 
Southern California does not really have a Winter. 
There's no Snow, no Ice, no Below Zero Temps.
 Even on this day, which was a few weeks ago, it was Sunny.


Paired the cords with my pirates of penzance shirt, Staring at the Stars that I got from
URBAN OUTFITTERs, of course.
It's lightweight, comfy and different from the usual "blouses" that are being worn today,
by our fashion forward divas.
Cords are skinny, stretch cords from The Gap





MY PEACE of jewelry - EARRINGS



I made these using brown bronzed wire, which I twisted,  
Heishi Turquoise beads, 
and silver dance bells.

What is Heishi means?
The literal meaning of heishi is "shell" and specifically refers to pieces of shell which have been drilled and ground into beads and then strung into necklaces. More and more frequently, however, heishi(pronounced hee-shee) has come to refer to hand-made tiny beads made of any natural material.
In this case, it's turquoise made into heishi beads.

This website gives an excellent definition The Collector's Guide

 
Kind of a gypsy look to them. 
Love them!
I've made a few available on Etsy


Handmade Jewelry & Mannequins

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MANNEQUIN - DIY

How to Choose the Right Earrings for your Face Shape

Getting started...