How I Wear MY PEACE of jewelry - Tribal Horn Pendant



I love this PEACE. I just made.
The pendant is from Nepal capped
 in antiqued brass casing, hanging from African brass beads.

Once I found this great pendant, I had to know about it.
Tribal Horn jewelry is quite common.
Words to describe these pendants - organic and natural.
I still did not understand what made a piece of jewelry organic.
Well here is the answer.
 "The dictionary defines the word organic to mean objects
that are “of, relating to, or derived from living organisms”.
Jewelry that fits under this term would include wood, bone, horn and ivory.
This pendant is part of a horn and carved ito the shape of a tooth.
It's very common to
I am not sure if it's buffalo or carabao. 
The tooth shape symbolizes for Nepal power and defence.
If you want to learn the history of Horn jewelry this
is a pretty interesting
Since MY PEACE of jewelry isn't bought right away,
I have the opportunity to wear it.
Outfit
T-shirt - The Gap
Cardigan - Target
black jeans - Levi's
faux suede ankle boots - Macy's
messenger bag - thrifted
I layered with a few other necklaces.
A few of my Reminder-how-to-live-life CUFFS
Handmade Jewelry & Mannequins

Comments

  1. Zalina, I'm seriously interested in the horn necklace! Can you email me with the cost?
    syleagent909 at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments.

Popular posts from this blog

MANNEQUIN - DIY

How to Choose the Right Earrings for your Face Shape

Getting started...