Turquoise and olive wood beads together

I just finished this PEACE this morning. I started it a few weeks ago but ran out of the Turquoise nugget beads so it was just laying around until I ordered some more beads. I am really bad about keeping receipts, so I don't remember where I got the beads. But I know that I got them online. I sold a PEACE like this a few years ago (see below) and since then I wanted to make another. The old PEACE (sorry for the bad image but neither my friend or me are photographers) The olive wood beads are round and the Turquoise is lighter. There are different kinds of Turquoise. I am not sure what is each.

The new PEACE consists of Turquoise nugget beads and olive wood beads. You ask what are Olive Wood beads? See below.

























Old PEACE below























OLIVE WOOD BEADS


  • The olive wood beads featured in my necklaces and earrings are produced from the prunes of young olive trees and the sprouts from the trunks of the old, unproductive trees in Israel
  • Olive wood beads are made from the trimmings of the oldest olive trees in Bethlehem also called the Roman Trees they got their Roman name because they have been living in Bethlehem and bearing fruits since Jesus and the Romans time some of the tress are over 2000 years old.

  • People in the Holy Land respect the olive Trees, and never cut them down. The wood for these beads was taken from the sprouts of the trunks of the old and unproductive trees. This pruning is essential for the healthier growth of the tree. After the olive tree is trimmed, the branches are kept for a few years inside Bethlehem caves where the wood can dry without cracking or splitting. The beads will naturally darken with age

  • The olive tree is native to the Holy Land where it has been cultivated since ancient times. According to historians, the first olive groves took root in Bethlehem and along the coast of the eastern Mediterranean around 4000 B.C.

  • More than any other plant, the olive tree symbolizes the Holy Land it has been called The Sacred Tree... The Peace Tree...Clock of Ages... The Tree of Light and Tree of Legends

  • Olive wood in its nature is heavy, dense and durable and with distinctive grains, causing it to be difficult to match the grains of two pieces since the pattern and the color of the grains depends on the age of the tree

MY PEACE of JEWELRY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MANNEQUIN - DIY

How to Choose the Right Earrings for your Face Shape

Getting started...